Re: HYB:Garden Value

"Amen" to Patrick Orr's comment, "I grow irises because I like them."  I'd add
that the gorgeous colors are what excite me, and what is in the garden is for
my enjoyment, not to show on the bench--though I do that and enjoy it, too.
When others come to the garden, and many do, they are mostly not irisarians
but people who grow a few in their garden or enjoy the beauty they see without
being AIS judges or, in most cases, even knowing there is such a thing as AIS.
The beauty of the color display is what attracts and pleases them, too.  And
pleasing all these folks pleases me as well:  it's so much fun to share the

Arnold & Carol Koekkoek
38 7th Street, NE
Sioux Center, IA 51250
e-mail  koekkoek@mtcnet.net