TB:Using Romantic Evening as a Parent

Neil,

It is good to read your emails and to find you to be your old chipper
self again.

You suggested using ROMANTIC EVENING in a post three years or
so ago, and I picked up on that immediately.  Several seedlings
from crosses using its pollen bloomed this year, and all that have
bloomed have been keepers - or at least worthy of a second look
next year.  Some are still unbloomed, so that makes me anxious for
next year's crop of maiden bloom.

Arctic Fox x Romantic Evening gave me the seedling I won an EC
on last week at our show.  I have smeared its pollen on just about
everything.  We had a week without rain, and that has helped in the
daubing department.

I also have some really pretty reds out of Hello Darkness x
Romantic Evening and some other reds out of Edna's Wish x RE.
Star Fleet x RE has produced some purple bi-tones.

Continued success in hybridizing!

Walter Moores
Enid Lake, MS USA 7/8