Re: TB: Varietal comments - Blyth

I have been in love with Blyth irises ever since I saw the first photo &
bloomed MAGIC MAN, umpteen years ago.  I buy a few now and then, even
tho most of them hate it here.

Blooming & producing pollen this year - WHO'S YOUR DADDY, FOREIGN
KNIGHT, LOVE THE SUN.  Only LOVE THE SUN is normal height & size.  The
other two are miniaturized & will definitely go on the ridgetop this
year to see if they will grow closer to type there.

Too soon to tell if any of the many attempted crosses with "Who Dad"
have taken.  Although miniaturized, it still has a lot of buds &
branches, plus this is a stalk from a rhizome that grew from a tiny
little increase.  I think this will be one that can handle the climate
in this region.  The colors are about the same as ROMANTIC EVENING, with
a rim on the falls the color of the standards.

I think there may be a couple more B irises to bloom this year, but
that's all I can remember at the moment.
--
Linda Mann east Tennessee USA zone 7/8