HYB: Romantic Evening

Lots of e-mails lately about how tall and dependable Romantic Evening is.  I
don't know how typical my experience is for warm-climate (9b southern
California) growers, but for me it is short and often fails to bloom.  Some of
it's offspring are better.  Although the color contrast is striking, most of
the Romantic Evening family also lack the profuse ruffles I love.  This is why
I crossed Teamwork with Louisa's Song this year; in this, it's first year in
my garden, it gave me a nicer stalk than its parent Romantic Evening ever did.
Now if only LS can contribute the form.

John ReedsGet more from the Web.  FREE MSN Explorer download :
http://explorer.msn.com