Re: TB: Pale yellow irises

Melissa, I hunted for the same thing a decade or so ago, looking for
something the color of LEMON MIST that would live for me.  I had little
success then, even calling Schrieners asking for suggestions (they
couldn't come up with anything), but there are more to choose from now.

Have you seen ABBEY ROAD?  Is that the color you want?  Or MELTED
BUTTER?   It's not a solid color, but gives an impression of pale
yellow.  Both are very pretty and do well here. MELTED BUTTER is new
this year, but looks very healthy.

<Now as for that 'obligatory iris comment': does anyone have a
                   > suggestion for a bearded or tall bearded that's a
thin, watery yellow. I keep searching all around the
                   > web and all I find are dark butter yellows,  golds
and oranges. Maybe
                   > I should be looking around for an old fashioned
iris instead of a
                   > newer one--because I know I've seen this pale
yellow in yards around
                   > the area. Melissa H>

Linda Mann east Tennessee USA zone 7/8