Re: HYB: Garden Value - Jesse's Song

One of the <advantages> of having stressful growing conditions is that
stalks tend to be a bit shorter and stockier than registered most years,
hence less prone to fall.

JESSE'S SONG is often too early and gets zapped by freezes, but I got to
see him in full glory this year.  A few stalks were knocked to the dirt
by storms, a trait that unfortunately goes along with large flowers and
many blooms open at one time on a stalk.  I like this one anyway, and am
a sucker for large blooms in spite of the problems keeping the stalks
standing.

< I stood here all week last week while Jesse's Song was in full bloom
trying
                   to decide whether I liked her or not.  .... I
wondered if the stalks could
                   bear it if the weather got a little bad.  We got a
nasty storm Sun pm/ Mon, as did you, and three out of four stalks
                   of Jesse's Song were on the ground in the morning.
Christian  Ky>

--
Linda Mann east Tennessee USA zone 7/8