On 6 May 2003 at 7:21, GormleyGreenery@aol.com wrote:

> We in the rural St. Louis area also had nasty weather - pounding rain, hail
> and wind (tho no tornados, thank goodness) and several of our TBs came out
> like champs - tattered but standing proud:

> Rita Gormley
> Cedar Hill, MO Zone 5
> Gormley Greenery
> Cedar Hill, MO
> http://home.flash.net/~mindpath/gormley/

Ditto 350 miles south down the pike (I-55).  I thought we had been
lucky all day yesterday, covered by some sort of giant umbrella  as
we just had sprinkles.  Patrons came in all day looking like they had
just been rescued from drowning and were  talking about rainfall up
and down the road.  Then, last night.  We were in the purple on the
radar - that dreaded color that indicates the heaviest rainfall.  It
rained all night long, and my five inch rain gauge overflowed.  No
hail or tornadoes were reported around here, thank goodness.

I dreaded going out and surveying the damage to the iris.
Surprisingly, very few had toppled.  I still have several TBs
SANTAFAIR, BEL ESPRIT and another one or two.

The sweet little cross of versicolor x pseudacorus (versipseu?) from
Chuck Chapman is blooming its head off.  It really makes an
outstanding  clump here.

Walter Moores
Enid Lake, MS USA 7/8 (Rain, rain, go away . . . . .)