Re: CULT: Bloom-out (and growth)

--- charandmike@juno.com wrote:

>>> Francelle, if they are in full bloom now, wouldn't it be a
little early to know if they are really bloomed out? Seems like
we see increases come later. <<<

It must be a climate thing re bloom-out. We also see later
increases in our colder climate here in the mountains,
especially in TBs.

*I didn't cut down my Sibs last fall and I have never seen such
good and healthy-looking early clumps. The bearded are looking
the best I have seen in this early stage of growth...should have
divided many that I purposely didn't to test the results.
Walter, 'Violet Shimmer' is one but it is growing like blazes in
its large, round shape :-). If there is another iris that can
beat Violet up here, I have not seen it. Well, maybe Walter's
wonderful IB, 'Warm Puppy' and the Craig's BB 'Quinalt' ties

Ellen (finally seeing color in the garden - no irises but a few
daffs and hyacinths and one lone tulip..but it looks like a good
bloom year for everything judging by the early growth)

Ellen Gallagher  <ellengalla@yahoo.com> / Berlin, New Hampshire / USDA Zone 3a
Siberian-Species Iris Convention 2003, June 12-15 - Hamilton, ON Canada
http://w3.one.net/~wilsonjh/ssi.htm  (Siberian iris pages)
http://www.crosswinds.net/~median/  (Median iris pages)
http://www.irisregister.com/  (AIS checklist data)