Re: CULT: Bloom-out

Francelle,

Here is something you might want to try.

There is some thought that there are many growth points along the side
of a mother rhizome and that the growth point that puts up the
bloomstalk and new leaves (the meristem)also puts out an inhibitor that
keeps the growth points from turning into increases.

So, you might take one or two of the bloom stalks off *now*, being sure
to cut it off low enoough to get the meristem. The theory being that the
lack of the growth inhibitor will allow other increases to form.

I know of a number of growers that routinely take a rz, slice it into
quarters or more, plant the pieces and end up with a lot of plants. They
normally do this at the time that they dig and replant, but cutting off
the bloomstalk might just work now to save the plant. All you would be
sacrificing would be a bloom stalk and it sounds like you have almost
nothing to loose.

John

--

http://www.AISGiftShop.com