Re: CULT: Bloom update

Kelly,

My experience with the combination of weather conditions that you are
experiencing is that they constitute the perfect recipe for short stalks on
TBs. At this point there is not likely to be anything you can do about it,
except wait until next year. ELSA SASS is a TB, though a rather short one
that normally blooms at around 30".

Here, although we remain in an extended drought situation, there should be
adequate moisture to carry us through the bloom season, and temperatures
have been moderate, allowing the iris plants and stalks to develop slowly
and steadily. If there are no hard freezes in the next two weeks, it ought
to be a satisfying bloom season.

jcwalters@bridgernet.com