SHOW: Lincoln, Nebraska

Greetings Iris lovers,

The Lincoln Iris Society will be holding our early iris show this weekend at Southeast Community College in Lincoln, Nebraska. The show will be on Saturday, May 10th. Irises may be entered in the show from 7:30 to 9:45AM. Judging will begin at 10AM. The show will be then open to the public from 1PM to 5PM with an awards presentation at about 4:30PM.

The college is located at 8400 'O' Street in Lincoln, and can be entered from either 84th Street or 'O' Street. The show will be in the cafeteria area of the college. We anticipate a fairly large show, with everything from Standard Dwarf beardeds to Tall Beardeds in bloom. There will also be artistic arrangements in the show. (last year we had 205 entries in the early show and 265 in the late show). This year is somewhat earlier, I believe, than last year; so the numbers may be a little different. Also, our late show this year is on May 31st, which will likely be past peak for Tall Beardeds, but there should be several late ones. There should also be a number of siberians and possibly even a few spurias and other beardless irises at the late show, depending on the weather between now and then.

We would love to have you visit our show and enter if you can. If you find yourself anywhere near eastern Nebraska on Saturday, please come join us and enjoy the show and some very friendly iris folks. For further information, e-mail me offlist.
Gary White, President, Lincoln Iris Society
Lincoln, Nebraska Having thunderstorms all day today (and even a tornado watch), but hopefully will be clearing tomorrow just in time to cut stalks for the show on Saturday.