BB: October Splendor

This one gets the tough iris of the year award.  The main clump didn't
bloom this spring, but some leftover rhizomes that got buried under some
junk on the porch for several months, lost labels, & wound up being
planted out in the pasture near the creek bloomed.

So, why not, I slapped some pollen on one rain battered bloom about a
week ago.  This past week, during nearly 6 inches of rainfall, the
little creek flooded to about 4 ft deep over the irises.  I noticed a
few were blooming today, so went to check on them - I. pallida and one
of my really retro seedlings were blooming and there's a pod forming on
OCTOBER SPLENDOR.

IMMORTALITY is also thriving there, but no pods.

Not exactly recommended cultural practice...

--
Linda Mann east Tennessee USA zone 7/8