Re: HYB: Observations

Yes, I think I agree with that also.  I have noticed that some cultivars
are loaded with fluffy ready to go pollen even before the flower is
open, while others stall around until either late the same day or even
the next (by which time the bugs have wrecked it), and some are hard put
to make any pollen (or even anthers) at all.

I had assumed that lack of pollen was just because some cultivars don't
like it here, especially the spring freeze-warm up cycles.  Surely DUSKY
CHALLENGER makes lots of pollen in Oregon?

Donald said:
<.[good]..pollen seems to be more of a plant characteristic than a
health characteristic.  They usually do or they usually do not, whatever
they health status of the plant.  Occasionally I find it where I haven't
seen it before.>

PS Hi Maj!  Welcome back.  Long time no see. [idiom]

Linda Mann east Tennessee USA zone 7/8