HYB:CULT:Blue is green? and so far so good.

To whoever it was...

that sent me Green and Gifted in a trade last year.  I am anxiously awaiting
this bloom.  The bud has had color for nearly a week and it is very very
blue.  Like Breakers blue.

I'm sorry to hear that Linda's Dusky Challenger is also producing poor
pollen.  Not that I held out great hopes for DC in my crosses, but,
everybody else in my garden (except EVERYTHING PLUS which surprises me) is
producing excelent fluffy pollen.  So fluffy you can't even harvest it.

I wish I had a camera, I had a little itty bitty tarantula type spider
tucked into one 'ovary' of my Rebound today when I went to steal her pollen.
Even after I pulled the other two anthers he wouldn't move.  When I looked
more closely he had a web and everything.  I still got that anther though.
(Who is it that is always extolling the virtues of the bent tip forceps?)

I have visible pods already from my first two crosses, only 7 days ago.  So
far so good.  REBOUND and  RASPBERRY WINE were both waiting with arms open
wide when I went to daub them. ;)

Oh well,