Re: HYB: TB: possible "t" in Return of Innocence

Neil A Mogensen wrote:

> One of the grandparents is MESMERIZER of Byers' which has a red
beard--tttt....

Gerry Snyder responded:

"Hmmm. It has never looked red to me. I am posting a pic I just took on
iris-photos.--Gerry"

Gerry, since I have never grown Mesmerizer I am limited to the information
published in the 1989 Check List where the beard is described by the
registrant as "tangerine red."

It has been my experience that the expression of "t" is quite variable under
varying conditions of soil, elevation, climate and so on.  Perhaps Byers'
conditions were not significantly similar to yours.

Neil Mogensen  z 6b/7a near Asheville, Hendersonville, NC