Re: OT: 'SHOUTING' in e-mail

Steve Szabo wrote:
> .... The people need to want to learn, and the others need
> to be able to teach.

And we all need to remember that email is a harsh medium. People do not
see the smiles on our faces as they read the message. They do not hear
the kind tones of our voices. They just see the cold hard words in black
and white.

Teachers need to be especially gentle, and phrase things in a way that
comes across as supportive, not judgemental.

Gerry, hoping to see many of you next week at the AIS meeting and trek
American Iris Society Affiliates Chair, Symposium Chair, and Director
in warm, winterless Los Angeles--USDA zone 9b-ish, Sunset 18-19