HYB: not exactly a blue-green...

I've been waiting for one interesting seedling to bloom, Crystal Dreams x
Honky Tonk Blues.  The bud was interesting, showing crinkled edges in pale
blue, and with the rest of the bud wrapped in a yellowish-green
(chlorophyll-derived) color.
It opened this afternoon, showing a pale icy blue flower (good form) with
hafts marked in golden green to olive.  The green tint also shows in the
midribs of the standards and faintly in the veins on the falls.  The beard is
a light-to-medium blue, olive in the throat.

Not sure what I think.  No pictures yet, does this sound interesting to anyone
else?  I always wish there was a real blue-green; the closest I have seen
before is an olive & lavender blend (not pretty).  I have seen faint greenish
veins in pale blues before; I'll reevaluate this tomorrow after it fades a

John Reeds

-Get more from the Web.  FREE MSN Explorer download : http://explorer.msn.com