SHOW: Weather -

Dana and others of the list,

The damage at the GMC plant was extensive, but although there were over
1000 people in the building at the time there were only 2 minor injuries
and NO deaths - according to the news this morning.

I live on the northwest side of Oklahoma City, the GMC plant is almost due
east of OKC.  I went out in the yard, when we received the TV warning and
also  could hear storm sirens .  Our skies were only hazy and we had very
little wind.  I could look to the south and east of us and see the heavier
clouds and  hear the roar of the storm.  I knew the storm had already
missed this area. About 15 minutes later, I received almost 1/2 inch of
rain with NO WIND.  Will Rogers Botanical gardens are due east of me about
3 miles  and probably didn't receive much wind either.

Mickey Corley
Bethany, OK - Center of Oklahoma USA
Zone 5/6

Message text written by INTERNET:iris@hort.net
>"Dana Brown" <ddbro@llano.net><

Well folks,
        We are on our way to Wichita KS for the region 18 convention and
TBIS
meeting.  We decided to stop off in OKC and spend the night.  This is the
first time we have been to OKC since the convention when they had an F5
tornado.  This time there was one north of us and one south of us!!!  We
were out taking pictures in the Will Rogers Botanical gardens and thought
it
was time to go to dinner.  Looked like it might rain on us.  We got in the
restaurant and they said, "Haven't you heard???  There are tornados all
over!!"
        OKC has been hit, there are about 100 people hurt but currently no
fatalities.  It hit the GM plant and did some serious damage while a couple
of thousand of them shelter at the plant!!  Lots of damage to homes and
trees.  A McDonalds was leveled but it looks like the loss of human life
will be minimal
        Hope all of our Okie friends are ok.

Dana Brown
Director TBIS