CULT: weather conditions (was TB: Season Ending Here)

--- Patrick Orr <irisdude@msn.com> wrote:

>>>  The Spuria iris are almost finished, and it is supposed to
be 100 degrees in a few days. <<<

I am continually amazed at the difference in our iris-growing
climates. We grow much of the same irises at least in the TB
class and also the Median classes.

We have not even _started_ our MDB season yet and some folks are
finishing the spurias and TBs. Our very early tulips are
blooming now with some of the daffs and other spring bulbs.

This does look like a good iris bloom season with the amount of
green growth in the clumps.

It was 32 F degrees (0 C) this morning - right at freezing. We
had a very cold, sustained winter and a frigid spring and now we
are the rains. This should make for a wonderful iris display in
June and July. (irises are summer flowers here)

Happy in Northern New Hampshire,

Ellen

=====
Ellen Gallagher  <ellengalla@yahoo.com> / Berlin, New Hampshire / USDA Zone 3
http://www.visitwhitemountains.com/

Siberian-Species Iris Convention 2003, June 12-15 - Hamilton, ON Canada
http://w3.one.net/~wilsonjh/ssi.htm  (Siberian iris pages)
http://www.crosswinds.net/~median/  (Median iris pages)
http://www.irisregister.com/  (AIS checklist data)