Re: Re:Best Orange Iris

Amy asked for orange irises...

Here is an online pic of an orange from Rick Ernst that I saw at
one of the recent conventions and loved. It is a TB named THAI

In my own garden I like Hal Stahly's orange TB, CELTIC GLORY.
But my favorite orange bearded iris is an SDB, DESERT ORANGE,
one of Bennett Jones' oranges.

At the 2000 Dallas AIS Convention, PENNYLANE (Larry Lauer) won
the President's Cup. It looked wonderful in several gardens on
the tour. This online photo doesn't do it justice:

Ellen Gallagher  <ellengalla@yahoo.com> / Berlin, New Hampshire / USDA Zone 3

Siberian-Species Iris Convention 2003, June 12-15 - Hamilton, ON Canada
http://w3.one.net/~wilsonjh/ssi.htm  (Siberian iris pages)
http://www.crosswinds.net/~median/  (Median iris pages)
http://www.irisregister.com/  (AIS checklist data)