TB: GOLDEN PANTHER (was: Best Orange)

--- Patrick Orr <irisdude@msn.com> wrote:

>>> Without a doubt, my favorite orange iris (that I have grown)
is GOLDEN PANTHER!  I have not ever seen another quite like it
in any garden anywhere. <<<

Patrick, I also grow GOLDEN PANTHER and it is unique and hardy
but not what I would call orange here. It must be the climate
difference. (?)

It is more like this online pic in my garden:

http://www.snowpeakiris.com/iris2000/Iris-images/goldenpanther.jpg

Ellen (just went and checked the 2002 R & I's and the
description doesn't mention orange except in the beard which is
described as "bright golden orange". The color description of
the flower is "gold overlaid bronze". Just goes to show you the
difference in climate and soil, etc. and how our irises look.
:-)

=====
Ellen Gallagher  <ellengalla@yahoo.com> / Berlin, New Hampshire / USDA Zone 3
http://www.visitwhitemountains.com/

Siberian-Species Iris Convention 2003, June 12-15 - Hamilton, ON Canada
http://w3.one.net/~wilsonjh/ssi.htm  (Siberian iris pages)
http://www.crosswinds.net/~median/  (Median iris pages)
http://www.irisregister.com/  (AIS checklist data)