OT-BIO:Scott--Mystery Iris

Hello All, I'm new here so be gentle. While walking
around a vacation town, I happened upon an bed of
irises with a deep purple color. Upon sniffing of one,
they smelled exactly like root beer!! I asked the
homeowner what type they were, they told me they were
there from the previous homeowner and had no
knowledge. I'd really love to find out what they were
just to prove I'm not crazy. Any help would be
appreciated. Thanks!!
http://search.yahoo.com