Re: HYB: Secret Service

John,

The seedling sounds very interesting.  Is the blue lace edge holding when
it's open?  As contrast to the rest of the bloom?  You need to borrow a
friend with a digital camera and let us all see :).  Is the finish silky or
velvety on the falls?  Is the metallic finish on the whole fall or just the
shoulders?

> Still watching an unusual seedling of mine with very good form and
substance,
> a strange very pale blue/gray/green shade with metallic greenish golden
> haft/shoulder overlay.  The buds are very green buds except for the lacy
pale
> blue tips; about 3 days after opening the green on the underside of the
petals
> fades to a heavy amber-yellow wash and veining.  The show-through of the
> yellowish-green into the icy blue falls apparently creates the
blue/gray/green
> effect.  I have seen pale blues before with some greenish hint to the
veins,
> but nothing quite like this.  I'll have to give it more room next year and
> watch for height and bud count.

Donald Eaves
donald@eastland.net
Texas Zone 7b, USA