  From: Patrick Orr
  To: iris@hort.net
  Sent: Wednesday, May 14, 2003 2:24 AM
  Subject: Re: [iris] OT-BIO:Scott--Mystery Iris

  Yep, your sniffer is working properly!  CITY LIGHTS is an iris that smells
  just like root beer.  Some other irises smell like grape soda pop, others
  smell spicy, some sweet, and some like a cat box.  I find most irises to
  smell like latex balloons.

  Also, what smells spicy to me has often smelled sweet to others, or visa
  versa. Once I smelled one I thought was gawd awful, and another friend
  thought it smelled like vanilla.  Go figure.

  Patrick Orr
  Phoenix, AZ  Zone 9
  USA