RE: Re:Best Orange Iris

To add a dimension to this question  -  -

I would be curious to know, not only which orange looks nicest, but also
which orange is the best performer in a mild winter, hot summer, windy,
very dry and sunny climate (Zone 7b-8a, central NM).  I have tried a number
of TB oranges, and most come out more the size of a BB, and they are weak,
slow to increase, tend to rot, and tend to bloom out (a rare problem for
me).  I have had similar experiences with newer "modern" pinks, but not so
bad.  Old historic pinks tend to do very well here, but I'm not aware of
any truly old fashioned oranges with anything like good color.  I have a
couple that seem to do OK, but not what I would call well.  The flowers are
of good form and color on both.  Names were lost, but I'm pretty sure the
"best" performer has been 'Glazed Orange'.  The other should be
'Montevideo', but doesn't seem to match photos I've seen (It has a
distinctive darker orange blaze or blurred streak below the beard, and the
area around the beard is nearly white with the veins forming faint orange
lines).  I've gotten the second one several times from the "Mart Iris"
mish-mash, sometimes not even labelled as an orange!

I haven't tried any of the smaller oranges, so I do not know how they will
perform here yet.