Re: CULT: TB: Bloom Season

     I bought AVE last season and she is performing perfectly. Those thick
stalks come in handy when the flowers open and a little wind and rain come
our way. PONTIFF is the only other white Iris of size that performs better
in my garden.

CELEBRATION SONG, FALLING IN LOVE, LACEY SNOWFLAKE  all opened at about the
same time and are putting on quite the show. I call it the ice cream sundae
corner.

LARRY GAULTER and INDIAN CAPERS look great together. KNOCK'EM DEAD is the #1
increaser in my garden. If all my Irises did as well I'd be doing a lot of
dividing but I'd be happy.  SHEER ECSTACY and ORBITER sent up many flower
stalks this year, I hope they don't forget to have children!

LULLABY OF SPRING, WELL ENDOWED and FRIVOLOUS round out my early bloomers.

    The only Irises I lost this Spring were the Blythes.  I fall for the
colors every time and think how wonderful they would look planted here when
such and such is in bloom but they rot in the ground or give me one bloom
stalk and no increases.

Cheryl
Willamette Valley, Oregon
zone 8, sunset zone 7