Bloom season beginning!

    I've been reading with considerable envy about all the wonderful blooms
you folks farther south have been enjoying.  Now, however, as one after the
other reports that things are waning and either over or nearly so, I smile
again.  (Maybe even smirk!!!! :-) )  The SDBs are finally breaking out in
color here in far NW Iowa, and there is color showing on several IBs as well.
I. cristata has also opened, very dainty little thing in a shady spot.  First
SDB came last week, WHAT AGAIN, with SIOUX ANN a day later.  Tuesday came
NOVELETTE and RUBY WINGS, which always are first or nearly so, and which
remain among my favorite SDBs after many years.  (Thanks, Tony & Dorothy
Willott)
Those 2 always draw comments from garden visitors, too.   Friends in Sioux
City, just 45 miles south, have had full SDB bloom for a couple weeks, which
has really whetted my appetite.  Anyway, now we're underway, so my sympathies
to those whose bloom season is almost gone!
Arnold

Arnold & Carol Koekkoek
38 7th Street, NE
Sioux Center, IA 51250