Re: OT:

I erased all the old messages along this vein, and am not sure what category is most appropriate for this one. Can't find the list, so ---- I guessed.

Anyway, sniffing some of my own Irises, I found a Historic, but unnamed cultivar that smells to me just like Bubble Gum. I think it is 'Alcazar', and was wondering if anyone could verify that 'Alcazar' is indeed one of the "Bubble Gum" cultivars?

To me also, most Iris smell the same, but there are definite exception. Most of the I. pallidas have a wonderful sweet smell that's hard to put a finger on. Sometimes it reminds me of grape soda, sometimes of Lilacs, but not quite either.