Re: Bloom season beginning (NOT)

It looks like I will be the last person on this list to see iris
bloom this year. The corollary _should be_  that we will be in
the throes of bloom when you all are winding down but we know
that it doesn't usually work that way.

Whatever, may we north-dwellers all have great iris bloom
whenever it arrives. This cold weather is great for preserving
tulip and daff bloom but it's getting old real fast.  Another
morning in the 30s F here. Have to wear a jacket in the garden
to weed my fabulously green and vigorous iris gardens.

Ellen (the sign in my garden that impolitely extorts the iris to
bloom isn't working... it says, "Bloom dammmit!" - I got the
sign after seeing it at a convention garden in Memphis where
they don't need it to coax the irises to bloom)

=====
Ellen Gallagher  <ellengalla@yahoo.com> / Berlin, New Hampshire / USDA Zone 3
http://www.visitwhitemountains.com/

Siberian-Species Iris Convention 2003, June 12-15 - Hamilton, ON Canada
http://w3.one.net/~wilsonjh/ssi.htm  (Siberian iris pages)
http://www.crosswinds.net/~median/  (Median iris pages)
http://www.irisregister.com/  (AIS checklist data)