Re: Re: HIST? Bubble gum scent

Hi,

I went out and sniffed the flower again, and it is really bizzare; one
sniff says bubble gum and the next says root beer or Coca Cola.  I never
realized that those three things smell so similar.  Anyway, the latest
'Roots' is here, and looking through it dawned on me that the photo of
'Prospero' looks perhaps even more like my plant than 'Alcazar'.  I do not
have an 'Alcazar' that came with the name, so may not have it at all.  My
plants have flowers that look bluer than most photos of 'Alcazar' (but I've
heard 'Alcazar' described as having bluish flowers), while the color in the
photo of 'Prospero' matches nicely.  The patterning is so nearly the same
on both that it is difficult to go on this, but 'Prospero' seems perhaps
closer?

Anyway, does anyone know if 'Prospero' has this smell as well?

I have another unnknown Iris that I think might be 'Lindbergh' that has
been mixed in with the "Prospero / Alcazar look-alike" (it looks fairly
similar, so oops, they got thrown together when they were moved).  This
second cultivar smells completely different, with the "usual average" smell
of a TB - not bad, but not great.

Sure wish I could remember where I got them.  Perhaps from an old farm or
perhaps from my Grandmother?

Dave