Re: CULT: TB: late bloom

In a message dated 5/14/2003 6:21:03 PM Eastern Standard Time,
lmann@volfirst.net writes:

> JEWELED STARLIGHT - an older iris that has had bloom frozen out every
> year I've had it, but has continued to grow well,

Hi Linda,
     The above increased just lovely this year but chose not to bloom.   Do
you have a picture?   This is one I hadn't heard of until it came as an extra
from Amberway.

<<ELECT LADY - holy smoke, what a strongly colored, bright pink!  This is
its second year here, it didn't bloom last year, >>
Did you mean this is one Walter introduced?   I'm always looking for
bright/deeper
pinks.   Both OVATION and  ONE DESIRE decided not to bloom this year, just
make increase.   I know both are reputed to be a deeper pink.   I've only
really seen coral pinks or peachy pinks here so far.

Love reading your season summaries, hope to post mine soon.   Still have
NOTORIOUS and RING ROUND ROSIE blooming here.
Janet Natale
zone 8 of SC