MEDIANS: bloom report

<I have to say that GNU RAYS (IB) is also a vigorous standout in
my garden.>

Ellen - Not only is it extremely vigorous, but I rarely have rot problems with it in my clay soil.  It's got lots of bloomstalks now, but it's got competition from it's neighbor, FLORENTINA.  I've had the old girl for three years and it's finally going to bloom.  However, it's blossoms look like they're going to be small.  But what can you expect from a 400 year old gal?

Peak time for TB's here (greater Detroit) is Memorial Day Weekend.  But we're a little behind, I think.  Maybe it was the unusually bitter winter temps. But only four of my SDB's aren't blooming.  I think I could easily switch over to these little beauties.  BREAK YOLK (Miller - 02) has a flower that looks like a miniature TB blossom - it's ruffled and beautiful - not cute as much as beautiful.  I think my favorite so far is Brad Kasperek's ELEPHANT FOOTPRINT.  Close behind are several others, including Brad's JUST A CROC, MINIDRAGON (Aitken), KIT FOX(Baumunk), HOODLUM (Keppel, I think), COUNTING SHEEP (Aitken), EASTER (Keppel), DOT COM (AITKEN)... and to think  more are coming! Gosh, I love 'em ALL!  I also made sure I got some rebloomers -speaking of which, I'm anxiously awaiting something from CHAPMAN's everbloomer, FOREVER BLUE).

The one I just MUST get next year  (besides Paul Black's PUDDY TAT) is Chapman's PARTY ANIMAL...I mean, what kind of a garden doesn't have a PARTY ANIMAL? ;-)

Linda B.
Troy, MI
Region 6, Zone 6b