Re: bloom reports; season ending in NM

As it has gotten dark and I've just come in from weeding and cutting spent
drying bloom stalks from my Iris.  It's about 85 F outside right now, must
have been around 90 F today.  Summer is definitely here.
Not many "bee-pods" this year, but a few nice fat ones here and there.
Probably will be ripe in a few weeds.  I think the constant wind kept the
flowers too dry and the insects at bay.  I did no breeding this year, but
perhaps there will be some good accidents anyway.
It is nice to sit down and read about all these plants just starting to flower
elsewhere.  Eases the withdrawal I'm already starting to feel.  Makes me feel
a bit cooler and refreshed just reading about it.
Now I get to start moving plants I don't like where are, divide others, etc.;
and, to eagerly await my plant orders to arrive (but that won't be for some
time yet).
I still have a few stray TB's and Spurias in flower, and several MTB's.  A
plant I bought last year as 'Dauntless' opened a flower yesterday, and it
turned out to be 'Rameses' - oh well, still don't have a good 'Dauntless'.  My
other clump of 'Rameses' is also late this year and only sent up one flower
stalk.  An 'Amigo' turned out to really be 'Perfection', so I have even more
'Perfection' now.  A few newbies just planted last fall are sending up late
small stalks, so I get to look at flowers for maybe a week more, but they are
pretty pathetic looking, often deformed or bleached now by the dry hot
conditions.  I'll have to look up the names of the last ones, as I don't know
them on sight.  Interestingly, a few of the historic TB's that opened the
season as the first to bloom still have a few last flowers, meaning some
clumps were in flower for 4 or perhaps 5 weeks!
Luckily the cacti are late this year, and the Pricklypears are just coming
into flower.  Perhaps I'll drive out in a few days and look for some
interesting oddballs, and some nice flower colors to photograph.
central NM