AIS: 2003 National -- Chadwick & Burseen

As promised I hope to write a bit about the wonderful irises that were
displayed at the AIS National Convention.  As any convention or tour usually
goes... there are wonderful surprises that await those who wander the gardens.
For me, the discoveries were plentiful.  I met so many great new friends and
was reacquainted with existing friends.  We come for the flowers but stay for
the people.

Tonight I will only mention two hybridizers that had sent flowers to the
Convention.  Yes, there are numerous hybridizers that need mentioning, but I
have to start somewhere so I start here with the first two.

When you spend 17 hours in two gardens in just two days, and you never sit
down to take a break, you will see and remember certain things.  The irises of
Keith Chadwick and Tom Burseen rose to the occasion at the 2003 AIS National.
I have a growing list of plants that I will soon be seeking and the flowers of
these two hybridizers are part of the list.  There was a consistency among the
flowers of these hybridizers that showed a commitment to distinction, color,
clarity, plant habit, substance, and garden value across their entire line of
flowers on display.  Their hybridizing also showed a diverse line that will
please a broad audience.

I will have to go back and watch the videos to record the cultivar names and
seedling numbers when I start putting my list in written form.  In the
meantime I would love to hear comments from veteran growers about these two
wonderful hybridizers and their plants that you are growing.

More convention notes to follow in subsequent letters.

Have a great week,

2 New AIS Convention Tour Garden Videos

Bobby Baxter
Your Web Site Is Waiting For You