Re: HYB: bee & balloon pods

Linda mentioned other insects working in the pollen on her iris. Each year a few of my iris are almost covered with a small flying insect. I believe they are a member of the bee family because they seem to match a tiny bee that does pollenizing in some berry crops. I saved the article and pictures but lost them when I had a computer problem. Brother Carl is a notable favorite of theirs. We have had frost for the last few nights and I have not seen the insects out there for a few days. If I see them again I will photograph them and see if I can get them identified. I thought for some time that they only gathered on the white iris but last year I saw them on a colored median iris.

Patti
arid USDA zone 5 in central WA State.