"mutant" iris?

I've been splitting and propagating a strain of yellow
bearded irises for years.  The blooms have always been
about 2 inches across and primarily yellow with a few
streaks of red or orange.  Last year however one clump
in my garden produced unusually large blooms that were
also pink and white in color.  This same clump has
done it again this year.  It seems unlikely that this
bunch could have grown from a cross pollinated seed -
I'm pretty sure it was blooming like all the rest a
few years ago.  I'm curious as to what may have caused
this.  Here are a few pictures: