CULT-freezing temp

Hi
    I am a old newbie (I was a member about 3 years ago and had to unsub
because of time restraints) who needs some advice on freezing temps.  I am in
Cheyenne, Wyoming (zone 5a/4b) and we are supposed to get down to the lower
30's upper 20's tonight.  I have about 3 TBs that have buds coming up.  Should
I wrap or cover these with towels tonight to try and protect the blooms, or
will this even be necessary.  I have never had it get this cold, this late
with my irises.  I already am planning on covering my roses, just need to know
about the irises.  Thanks for the help, and I will send an intro later today
(while rugrats are napping)
Julie
Cheyenne, Wyoming
Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes.  Then when they get
mad, they'll be a mile away and barefoot.