AIS: 2003 National Convention -- Jill Copeland

Perhaps one of the most remarkable plants at the 2003 AIS National Convention
was not even in bloom.  However, you had to close your eyes to miss this
spectacular specimen at the Don & Ginny Spoon's Winterberry Gardens.  The
plant I am talking about is Jill Copeland's SEA KRILL.  What makes this plant
so distinctive is the foliage.  It actually looks like sea kelp under water,
or perhaps it has a bamboo-like appearance.  However you envision it -- it
certainly is unlike anything you have seen in irises.  SEA KRILL  is a 2004
introduction and is near the top of my list of plants to acquire.  The plant
is so distinctive that I want it for the foliage alone, and will consider the
bloom to be a bonus.  If you are looking for something totally different in
irises, then this is it.

2 New AIS Convention Tour Garden Videos

Bobby Baxter
Your Web Site Is Waiting For You