Re: Re: HIST: orange?

Thanks Neil and Walter.

I looked briefly online for the three you listed, and found a photo of only
'Orange Parade'.  The photo on the HIPS web sight makes it look more
pinkish than orange, but it looks basically close to what I had in mind.
So far, I haven't located photos of 'Orange Crush' nor of 'Orange Frills'.
Both sound (from the names) like they might have a more "modern" look than
'Orange Parade'.

Are these good strong growers?   I have found that as a rule (so far), most
orange Iris are weakly and poor growers for me, and that more than any
other bearded Iris, they tend to burn or bloom themselves out.  I've found
the same for many pinks that I've tried, but others (mostly very old) are
among my best and strongest growers.  I tried 'Color Carnival' on a whim,
didn't even like the pictures that much, but it is strong, a good bloomer,
and it is gorgeous (although not solid pink).  I suppose I'm looking for
the same in an orange, plus I like the old look best.