Re: Re: HIST: orange?

Thanks again Walter.  That gives me some good starting points.  As for the
color of on line photos, especially old reproductions, I always take them
with a grain of salt, and was hoping it was a bit off for 'Orange Parade'.
Several of the old photos on the HIPS sight are off color (often tend to
tan or pinkish), and I wonder if some aren't colorized black and whites?.
However, it is great that they are there, and they are often all I can find
at all.

I saw the "marigold orange" and "Spanish orange" description for 'Orange
Parade', but to be honest, I didn't know what that meant for sure.  I'd
rather see "bright medium orange", "true orange" or something like that.
There are so many names for colors, and so many definitions for some of the
same names, and the many attempts at standardization just seem to muddy the
waters even more!

'Orange Parade' sounds pretty nice, and I'll also check into 'Ahead of
Times' too.  I've already found 'Orange Parade' listed in several catalogs,
and 'Ahead of Times' was in the first one I checked just now; only $3.75
for 'Ahead of Times' and a whopping $1.75 for 'Orange Parade'  -  can't
beat that!