Re: MED: IB SEASON TICKET

--- John Jones <jijones@usjoneses.com> wrote:

>>> wmoores@watervalley.net wrote:

I have seen it rarely have the extra petals here. <<<

I also grow SEASON TICKET and I don't remember seeing it here. I
have some SDBs that often have extras but not the IB SEASON
TICKET.

>>> The grower has no control over whether the extra petals '
show or don't show,' so I don't think I could penalize him if
the
extra petals are not present on a show entry. <<<

I agree with Walter on this one. I am judging a show on June 1st
and hope I don't judge the medians (like I did last year) -
don't want to confront SEASON TICKET. :-)

>>> So I guess I would have to know the characteristics of the
region to make a decision at the show bench. <<<

John, I honestly thought you were joking with your first
comments about SEASON TICKET and goes to show, never assume
anything especially on a mailing list forum.

Cheers,

Ellen (still waiting for the first _bud_ to appear on these
lush- looking irises but May 22, 2002 was our first MDB bloom
and that was a trifle early)

=====
Ellen Gallagher  <ellengalla@yahoo.com> / Berlin, New Hampshire / USDA Zone 3

Siberian-Species Iris Convention 2003, June 12-15 - Hamilton, ON Canada
http://w3.one.net/~wilsonjh/ssi.htm  (Siberian iris pages)
http://www.crosswinds.net/~median/  (Median iris pages)
http://www.irisregister.com/  (AIS checklist data)
American Iris Society: www.irises.org