Re: Re: "mutant" iris?

It's very unlikely that a stray seed or tuber found
its way into my urban rooftop garden on its own so
maybe a friend *was* playing Johnny Iris-seed (and now
you've given me an idea... ;)

A neighbor suggested that it might be caused by a
virus or fungus in the rhizome but the plant seems
completely healthy - robust, bushy, growing like a
weed, in fact, so that's why I was baffled.

Thanks for the info.  I've been splitting and
spreading that same yellow strain for almost 30 years
now so maybe it was time for some variety!
If I learn anything else about this, I'll post it.