Re: iris DIGEST V1 #97

To: Linda
Re: TB Cooleys

We had 10" of rain in the mid-TN area in the first few days of May. All my established Cooleys bloomed and some of the new ones; the rest are growing. Established Laced Cotton, very fragrant by the way, seemed to have fewer blooms. The only casualty I had was last fall when it started a period of rain the day after I planted them--that was Poem of Ecstasy, which I have on order again. Lacy Day is a new one that bloomed beautifully and may be working on its final bloom now. Two-year old Copyright is opening its final bloom. Freebie Boutique Fashion, one of the new ones, had a lot of blooms. The rest of my iris have only recently finished.

I have few other than Cooleys yet, but notable is Rip City, which just finished several beautiful blooms. Also Play With Fire, an established one.

My first three iris--Play With Fire, Paradise and Blackout are acting like biennials. Really. They seem to take turns blooming in alternate years. They are about four years old, but only Paradise looks increased enough to divide.

I am anxiously waiting for another new one, Oh Jamaica, to bloom; guess it will be next year.

Thanks again for the list of URLs. ---- Jo