Re: BB: Batik

wmoores@watervalley.net wrote:

How do you judge the BB BATIK when it is consistently overgrows the class and is among the largest and tallest stalks (stocks, spikes) present in the show?

Here and in some parts of Region 7, B has been in with the talls and nobody says anything about it. The judges just go ahead and put a blue ribbon on it. If it were in contention for the QOS, then I would raise my ugly head and say "No, not by the hair on my chinny, chin, chin!" I honestly don't think very many judges in these parts know that BATIK is a BB and not a TB.

If the registrar let it be registered as a BB and it consistently grows out of its class by almost everyone, then the fact that it outgrows its class seems to me to be to be a non-issue on the show bench. That is different than what happened to me. The show bench is not a place to judge whether something is growing in or out of its class.

That someone put it in with the TBs is a different issue. The judging panel should point that out to the show chair and have it moved. If the show chair doesn't want to move it, it should be ignored, passed, given no consideration. It cannot be judged in the wrong classification. Any judge that let that pass should be sent back for "reorientation."
John | "There be dragons here"

http://www.AISGiftShop.com

USDA zone 8/9 (coastal, bay) Fremont, California, USA Director, American Iris Society

Subscribe to iris@hort.net by sending:
Subscribe iris