Re: AIS: registration, out of class

? Bobby, I'm not an AIS judge, but have clerked at a few of our shows, &
know that the judges have a manual that is very detailed and specific
about what they are supposed to do.

One of my jobs as clerk is to have all the R&I books available and be
ready to look up details of registration in case judges have a question
about an iris.  It's impossible for them to know all the irises they
might encounter on a show bench.  Seems like they had a question one
year about which class a historic iris belonged in.

I'm pretty sure that if they show program says that if irises are being
judged by class, they have to be judged in the class in which they are

<Shows and exhibitions are outside the realm of  how
                   a plant is registered and have no influence on the
registration data, nor
                   should they be considered when registering a plant.
Bobby Baxter>

Linda Mann east Tennessee USA zone 7/8