Re: Camera?

Hi, Bo,

I doubt that you are referring to my photos (though they are beautiful to my eyes!), and I know very little about digital cameras. However, FWIW, I use a Sony Mavica.

The only real reason I went with it is the wonderful ease of transferring pics to the computer. No wires, etc. Just pop a blank diskette into the camera, snap the shot, pop the diskette out of the camera, slap it into the A: drive and bingo, you're done. I love that part.

I have been told and I agree that it also has pretty accurate color. Sometimes the blues and purples are a tad off, but for the most part, what I see outside is what I see on my screen. That's cool.

On the downside, there are few manual controls, whic I don't like after taking pics for years with a 35mm. I miss the manual focus, especially. Lots of fuzzy, wasted pics when I do my close-ups of the blooms.

Hope this helps (and you have a happy birthday with a great camera!),
Bill Wells (southern Mo)

Bo wrote:

Hi all!

I have noticed that many of you have GREAT digital photos online.  So, what is a reasonable digital camera to purchase?  The nearest stores to me are Wal-Mart, K-Mart, and RadioShack.  Someone is going to get me a digital camera for my b-day, so I wondered what I should add to my wish list.     ;-)

Thankyou!

"Bo"  (Region 6)

Adam Cordes
Hillman, Michigan