SIB:Flight of Butterflies

I am answering my own posts.  I have not been able to get into the
archives or iris-register tonight but have looked in the 99 Check list
and see an insertion for FLIGHT OF BUTTERFLIES that shows
White Flower Farm introduced FOB "ca. 1975."  The insertion came
after our discussion on iris-l or iris-talk of FOB not being introduced,
so that one is officially legal in shows now!

I have thought of the hybridizer who has two HMs for the same
cultivar - one as a border and the other as a TB.  I believe it is Steve
Stevens.  The name of the cultivar has not come to me yet.  Maybe
somebody can remember or look it up if you can get into the Mallorn
Archives or iris-register.

Walter Moores
Enid Lake, MS USA 7/8