TB: Spouting Horn

Last spring, Spouting Horn failed to bloom in its first year in my garden.
This year it was late, except for one mid-season stalk.  Right now, with the
season well past peak it is sending up 8 or 10 tall, many-budded stalks.  The
branching/placement is only so-so for the show bench, but lots of big, lovely
flowers held up high in the garden.  Sturdy, healthy foliage and stalks.
Great unevenly washed blue color (not bluish-purple).  Similar to Honky Tonk
Blues but a much richer, deeper color.  The earlier stalk didn't take with
Louisa's Song pollen, but I'm trying again.  What a wonderful late-season

John Reeds, in San Juan Capistrano California (9b)