OT: Noid weeds and wildflowers

well, just for a little spice I thought I'ld ask y'all to help me identify
my nemesis.  I have several stands of wild black raspberries, the largest of
which I have nearly completely freed from the grasp of many years overgrowth
of both honeysuckle and this fellow.  Here's a description.

First, his stem is woodier than the honeysuckle.  He puts out runners that
run along about an inch under the surface of the soil.  He seems to follow
shade, i.e. grows toward whatever is causing shade so he can climb up it.
The new growth grows on red stems, the same color of red as the mature
raspberry canes.  He has no thorns. In bud his flowers look the same as
honeysuckle flowers except they are pink on the outside edges and about an
inch longer.  Every inch or two on the runners and new growth there is a bud
point that buds in three directions, each of which can become a new runner.
The leaves are the shape of a spear head, not as much like a spade( on a
deck of cards) as say a lilac would be but more like an elm leaf.  The
leaves have an obvious brown/reddish central vein, and pronounced reddish
veining when viewd from the underside.  The 'main' stem has a tendency to
have a split skin, i.e. the red skin is split open showing a greenish
undertone in much the same manner that the bark of a sycamore tree becomes
white at the top.  And, on top of being very aggressive climber he is either
evergreen or very very early to start growth.  I saw green leaves on this
plant in mid February this year.

Any ideas?

Also, I found something in the grass, among the other wildflowers.  I was
bent over to pull a tick off of the dog and happened to spot it under the
dog.  In bud it looks exactly like a rose.  It is very very small.  If
you've ever seen those little silk roses in the five inch glass tube
(someone told me they were for snorting coke) you know what this looks like,
only this is less than half the size of those.  The one I found is clean
clear apricot flesh colored,  I think it probably has five petals like a
simple 'wild' rose, but again I have only a bud. Unfortunatly I have no idea
what kind of foliage or base plant it was on because it popped off when I
was trying to grip it to follow it 'home'.

anyway, that should prove to be a new challenge.