Re: CULT: Bloom update

--- Arnold Koekkoek <koekkoek@mtcnet.net> wrote:

>>> We're finding that the bloom sequence is messed up this
year,
too.  IBs are really hitting their stride now, while a lot of
the SDBs are not open at all yet. I don't recall ever having had
this before with the entire IB class blooming before most of the
SDBs.

Arnold, we have bloom starting today, May 23rd, but in the usual
sequence: one MDB - DOOZEY, two SDBs - PUMPKIN CENTER (3 opened
today) and ORANGE TIGER (just one opened today but always what a
nice surprise to see a bright iris flower in the garden). The
SDBs are all above the foliage as is usual in this climate.
DOOZEY is skirting the foliage but above it.

I don't know if Lowell Baumunk or the guys at Superstition are
on the list at this time but - some of theirs have so many buds
that I happily lost count on PRIVATE FIRST CLASS and (SDB by
Rick Tasco) and Lowell's IB, MIDSUMMER NIGHT'S DREAM, and his
SDB, KIT FOX, are gearing up for their show of shows with buds
galore.

Getting happier in New Hampshire,

Ellen

=====
Ellen Gallagher  <ellengalla@yahoo.com> / Berlin, New Hampshire / USDA Zone 3

Siberian-Species Iris Convention 2003, June 12-15 - Hamilton, ON Canada
http://w3.one.net/~wilsonjh/ssi.htm  (Siberian iris pages)
http://www.crosswinds.net/~median/  (Median iris pages)
http://www.irisregister.com/  (AIS checklist data)
American Iris Society: www.irises.org